Shipping Finance constitutes the core business sector of ABBank. Ranging from traditional and simple to more innovative and advanced structures, our aim is to provide viable tailor-made solutions, in line with the financing needs of our clientele. Our extensive knowledge and experience in the ship-financing industry has won the trust of a large number of international financial institutions, which have participated in loan transactions arranged and led by ABBank.
Our main products and services include:
- Post & pre delivery new-building financing
- Working Capital facilities
- Short to medium-term financing for second hand tonnage
- Trade Finance
- Club & Syndicated term loans
- Letters of Guarantee
Maintaining a wide network of Private Equity Funds and Family Offices, Project Finance is destined to provide structured finance transactions and "out-of-the-box" corporate finance solutions to both private and public shipping companies.
Project Finance products and services include:
- Debt club deals with Credit Funds and Family Offices
- Private placement transactions for private shipping companies
- Structured finance transactions including market upside sharing mechanisms
- Arrangement of joint ventures between shipping companies and Private Equity funds
- Debt sourcing for private and public shipping companies
- Corporate finance solutions and mergers & aquititions
Our Bank offers advisory services to ship-owners by recommending a number of risk management strategies in order for them to understand and benefit from the various hedging instruments available. In addition ABBank is able to assist Financial Institutions not only to access inovvative type of financing structures but also on ways to restructure problematic shipping assets or to enable them to invest in the Bank’s geographic area of expertise by assuming a lead management role in syndicated or club deals.
Loan Portfolio Management
ABBank's management team has completed a number of loan portfolio transactions, thus the Bank possesses the experience and the capacity to:
- Assist third party investors in assessing, pricing and acquiring shipping loan portfolios
- Private placement transactions for private and listed shipping companies
- Provide loan management services and assist lenders in work-out situations maximizing recovery
- Co-invest or assume risk participation positions in shipping loan investment opportunities
Risk Management & Treasury Products
ABBank offers all essential products to cater for shipping’s international nature as well as an enhanced range of Listed and OTC traded financial instruments aiming to enhance investment yields or hedge earnings.
The main instruments offered include:
- Interest Rate hedging
- FX derivative products
- Spot and Forward FX conversion
- Bond transaction services and safekeeping
Deposits & Transaction Services
ABBank offers a broad range of liquidity management instruments, ranging from time depository.
Such liquidity management and special transaction products and services include:
- Liquidity Management
- Special transactions
- Current Account and Time Deposits
- Vessel sale and purchase closings
- Structured depository products
- Escrow account handling
In addition, our clientele has the opportunity to benefit from our in-house e-payment platform, which can be customized to automatically and in a reliable and secure manner upload payment instructions for execution, offering for each transaction, free of charge, real-time swift copies and advices.
Our Cash management services include:
- Dedicated Electronic Banking System (GEMINI)
- Bank Drafts
- Tailored ERP configuration
- Customer Cheques
- International payment services including crew allotments and cash-to-master payments